International Rajasthani Organizations RANA (USA) and RAJKOV (Australia) Join Forces with Minister of State for External affairs, Govt of India for Millets Awareness Campaign with Modi in Sydney
Melbourne, NewYork, New Delhi 18/05/2023– In a significant step towards promoting the consumption and benefits of millets, a coalition of international Rajasthani organizations – RANA (USA) and RAJKOV (Australia) along with Govt of India has come together to launch a comprehensive awareness campaign in Sydney on the 23.05.23 supporting India’s Prime minister Modi’s vision on Millets.
Millets, a group of highly nutritious grains, have long been an integral part of traditional diets in many regions of the world. However, their potential remains largely untapped, and this campaign aims to change that.
Millets are a group of small-seeded grasses grown for human food and animal feed. They include widely known varieties such as sorghum, pearl millet, finger millet, and foxtail millet. These grains are highly nutritious, gluten-free, and have a low glycemic index, making them suitable for people with dietary restrictions or specific health conditions and can contribute to the fight against hunger and malnutrition.
V. Muraleedharan, Minister of State for external affairs, Govt of India said that the millets awareness campaign will focus on increasing knowledge about the nutritional benefits of millets, promoting their cultivation and consumption, and supporting local farmers who grow these crops. He also admired RANA and RAJKOV collaboration and support in this initiative.
Mr Prem Bhandari, president of RANA (NewYork, USA) Highlighted on his below achievements and initiaves and said –
- The coalition, comprised of leading international organizations working in the fields of food security, nutrition, and sustainable agriculture.
- Through a series of initiatives, including workshops, conferences, social media campaigns, and educational materials, the coalition aims to raise awareness and encourage individuals, communities, and policymakers to integrate millets into their diets and agricultural practices.
- Launch of all Millets menu at Restaurant SAAR by head chef Hemanth Mathur in New York was supported by Mr Prem Bhandari. Millet menu had spiced millet salad, millet & corn kebabs, millet masala uthappam, Duo of Millet dosas, Millet Hakka noodles, Millet chocolate pudding and thousands of mouth smacking excellent Millet dishes.
- Consumption of just 50 grams of Millets everyday improves heart and digestive health.
- Jodhpur Millet Festival – Prem Bhandari with Harsh Vardhan Shringla, Chief Coordinator for India’s G20 Presidency in 2023,previously served as Foreign Secretary of India and India’s Ambassador to the United States, inaugurated Jodhpur Millet festival at Vader Charitable Trust that delivered morning and evening tiffin prepared with pure desi ghee to 310 elderly and needy people for over a decade, will now include one millet dish.
- The UN celebrated 2023 as the International Year of Millets.
- Harvard School of Public Health, as per news sources, recommended incorporating whole grains, such as millets, into your diet to reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease, Intestine and other types of cancer.
- Mayo Clinic Research suggest that incorporating millets into our diet can provide health benefits, such as digestive health, potential weight management, reduced cholesterol, improves insulin function in our body.
Ravi Sharma, President of RAJKOV (Melbourne, Australia) advised by collaborating with international organizations, the campaign will leverage the collective expertise, resources, and networks to reach a wider audience and create a greater impact. It aims to engage governments, research institutions, non-profit organizations, and consumers across the globe to promote the sustainable production and consumption of millets.
Some very amazing modern recipes are created that are yummy and delicious
The millets awareness campaign through RANA and RAJKOV with the help of Govt of India, is an opportunity for global cooperation and collaboration towards building a more sustainable and healthier future for all.( Press Release By RANA)